High School Student Scholarship for Safety Related Careers
Posted: Jan 07, 2020
The Central Indiana Chapter will award high school student scholarships to a deserving high school senior in Indiana. The Chapter will award up to three (3) $1,000 scholarships. Any high school senior in Indiana with a 2.8 GPA or higher who will be furthering their education in Indiana, with an emphasis on occupational safety, is eligible to apply.
Safety related careers may include:
- Construction Safety
- Risk Management
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Safety Management
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental Health
- Or others as approved by the scholarship selection committee
- Must currently be a senior in an Indiana High School. Preference will be given to those in the Central Indiana ASSP Chapter’s geographical area.
- Must have a GPA of at least a 2.8 on a 4.0 scale and submit a copy of their official high school course transcript and grades through the first 3.5 years.
- Must enroll in an Indiana College, University or other training/trade school and declare a major or minor in Safety.
- Applicant must provide two (2) letters of reference: one from a teacher from their high school and one from a current or previous employer, youth group leader or other adult in a leadership position.
- Applicant must include a brief description of their career plans and how those plans relate to occupational safety.
- Winning applicant must join a student section of ASSP or the Central Indiana ASSP Chapter.
- Scholarship applications and two (2) references are due March 31, 2020.
- Awarded scholarship recipients announced April 15, 2020.
- Presentation of Check: August or September, 2020, pending confirmation of school, major and mailing address provided to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the application by downloading High School Student Scholarship Application for Safety Related Careers.