EHS Manager (Indianapolis)
Posted: Feb 04, 2019
Raytheon IIS is seeking a dynamic and motivated Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) professional to lead a team of EHS professionals. You will be responsible for aligning the roles and responsibilities of the embedded team to enhance effectiveness and consistency of your team in supporting EHS compliance and risk reduction efforts across the site. Responsible for the management and/or implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety programs and EHS staff. Typical duties involve the following: Interprets, recommends, process and practices which will ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations and/or company policy. Plans, develops, and implements long-range goals and plans for the various sites. This is a broad based Environmental, Health and Safety position with multiple plant oversight responsibility.
Position is responsible for managing the site EHS program in Indianapolis and oversight of other offsite facilities, which have dedicated EHS staff. Has oversight of contractors and consultants to accomplish environmental, safety and health projects. Identifies hazardous workplace conditions and takes preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances, removes hazards and/or protects employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
Must take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained. Develops and implements environmental, health and safety management systems to integrate EHS into the business operations.
Other duties as assigned such as:
• Recommend and develop appropriate strategies to address company safety, health and environmental policies/standards and regulatory requirements.
• Accident investigation to involve root cause analysis and follow up actions
• Investigate and resolve issues, questions, or concerns received from within the company, among outside customers, regulatory agencies, etc.
• Support emergency response activities as required. Job may require entry into potentially hazardous environments for evaluation purposes
• Conduct multimedia audits of the facilities and recommend corrective actions and maintaining all records as required.
• Will train all levels of employees and contractors on Environmental, Health and Safety in a broad range of Environmental, Health and Safety topics.
• Must be able to implement and support various programs in all areas of Environmental Health and Safety.
• This is a hands on management position the person selected must be able to work independently and manage a team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years of applicable experience
• Must be a US Citizen with current/active Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain within a reasonable amount of time (approximately 1 year)
• Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, EPA and other related Federal, state and local regulations, auditing procedures, environmental compliance, and environmental safety & health programs.
• Experience with EHS management systems and programs.
• Proven ability to apply technical expertise to develop solutions for complex problems.
• Proven ability to work independently and manage a team
• Must be able to develop and work with Microsoft office tools, share point, word, excel, access, and power point. Other computer tracking tools will be needed to support he position.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, and programs as well as demonstrate effective prioritization and implementation skills.
• Ability to provide clear, concise, and effective verbal communications.
• Well-developed written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, delegate, and follow-up on work flow to meet departmental goals and objectives.
• Ability to provide hands on support to management team and implement/execute solutions.
• Able and willing to travel 25% of the time for business.
• Bachelor Degree in EH&S, or related or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience)
For more information visit EHS Manager.