Are you looking to hire an environmental, safety and health professional within Indiana? CIASSP members can advertise their needs at no charge on this site by forwarding the position’s job description to the Central Indiana ASSP Jobline. Your job description will be reviewed for appropriateness and posted for 4 weeks.
The Plant Environment, Health and Safety — Environmental Specialist position is responsible to implement and administer standardized EHS processes to ensure compliance with federal, state, provincial and local environmental regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures. The Environmental Specialist is expected to contribute to the achievement of world class status and corporate savings by minimizing waste, reducing energy use, preventing water loss, and avoiding environmental impacts.
This position will specifically focus on ensuring environmental compliance, supporting World Class Manufacturing (WCM) environmental pillar activities and Environmental Management System (EMS 14001).
The EHS — Environmental Specialist position will report to the Plant EHS Lead and be responsible for but not limited to:
- Maintain and implement elements of the plants ISO 14001 Environmental Management system to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable environmental regulatory and corporate requirements and achieve WCM Pillar requirements and goals
- Oversee/implement EHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted
- Conduct regular audits of EHS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance and advise plant leadership and corporate EHS staff of findings
- Analyze environmental incidents, determine root causes, implement corrective action and communicate this information to plant leadership and corporate EHS
- Manage new equipment programs at the concept stage to ensure that EHS design specifications and regulations are included
- Manage routine environmental reports, permit applications, inventories and surveys; including data acquisition, documentation, record keeping, monitoring, review, and approval
- Coordinate communication of EHS regulatory inspection activity with plant leadership
- Lead EHS projects to improve EHS key performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, EHS, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of environmental, or related experience
- Strong understanding of federal, state, provincial and local environmental regulations and requirements
- Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours as required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and/or other software
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Environmental related professional certifications (e.g. PE, CHMM)
- Automotive or manufacturing experience
For more information visit Environmental Specialist.
Position expectations will require that the successful candidate have 2-5 years of practical experience as a Safety Director/Risk Manager in a fast paced self-directed environment. A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related field of study, excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to develop professionally-prepared technical reports and documents, and past training experience is required. OSHA 510 and/or 511 certification or equivalent prerequisite and OSHA 500 and/or 501 certification a plus.
Career advancement in this position will depend heavily upon both technical communication and training skills. Technical degree, transcripts, references, and sample of technical writing will be required. Must be proficient with MS Office.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Trinity Safety Group is seeking an entry level Safety Coordinator to provide safety consulting support to Indianapolis-based clients (mainly construction with some general industry). The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for identifying and addressing unsafe behaviors and hazards in the field, coaching, and completing documentation.Requirements
Primary activities include:
- Working with multiple clients in the Indianapolis area to fulfill their safety needs
- Monitoring work on the job site and identifying potential safety issues
- Managing and tracking safety training for competent person training, task training, equipment training etc.
- Assisting with project pre-planning activities
- Establishing performance goals and indicators
- Developing training plans
- Assisting with safety and risk management process onboarding
- Reviewing policies, procedures, and risk management initiatives to determine OSHA non-compliance and missing policies/procedures
- Establishing communication, coordination channels and a deliverable(s) schedule
- Conducting monitoring and measurement activities (site observations and reports)
- Supporting management in completion of claims management and incident investigations
- Analyzing project data, establishing trends, and communicating learning points
- Supporting and guiding management team in completing new defined processes and procedures
- Organizing an efficient schedule of client visits, trainings, and administrative work
- Working closely with the rest of the Trinity Safety Group Safety Services team members to ensure all client needs are being fulfilled
- Maintaining excellent professional relationships with clients and ensuring continuous client satisfaction
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety-related field (preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in safety consulting
- Ability to travel throughout the greater Indianapolis area
- Excellent work ethic
- Outstanding interpersonal / communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- An entrepreneurial spirit where he/she takes ownership in his/her work
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- CHST (preferred)
- STS (preferred)
For more information visit Safety Coordinator.
EHS Training Specialist position in Evansville, IN.
Visit EHS Training Specialist for more information.
EHS Specialist II position for a drug development company in Greenfield, Indiana (30 min drive from downtown Indy).
EHS experience in a laboratory/R&D/Facilities Maintenance environment is preferred.
Job ID: 60864
To learn more and apply: Link to Job Details