Safety Advisor (Indianapolis)
Posted: Mar 27, 2019
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor in Indianapolis. Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning and implementation.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, makes the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a General Industry and Construction.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• Jobsite safety audits w/report
• Safety training – 10/30hr, equipment operator, FA/CPR, CP level, Qualified level Rig/Sig, awareness
• Safety committee participation and/or leader
• OSHA inspection assistance
• Assists clients with the role of Safety Director
• Updates written safety policies
• Develops SSSPs
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations
• 10+ years of relevant safety experience
• Degree in safety or related is preferred
• CSP is preferred
• Experience with contractor safety
• Knowledge on chemical hygiene and lab safety
• Possess good time management skills due to numerous locations needing support
• Highly organized
• Efficient and timely
• Follows tasks through beyond completion (paperwork submission and update client files)
• Ability to work Independently
• Willing to travel on occasion
• Highly organized.
For more information visit Safety Advisor.