Senior Loss Control Representative – Indiana and Illinois
Posted: Nov 28, 2018
Pennsylvania Lumbermens, the country’s oldest and largest mutual insurance company dedicated to wood products and building material industries. Is seeking a Senior Loss Control Representative to join our talented team in the Indiana and Illinois territory.
The Senior Loss Control Representative is capable of completing complex assessments on all classes of business written by the company. The Senior Loss Control Representative provides loss control service and on site surveys to accounts within their assigned territory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Preparation for service visits includes ordering and reviewing lossruns, reviewing files and contacting the insured or prospect.
• Must be familiar with policy coverage for all lines to be surveyed as well as familiarization with Underwriting Guidelines.
• Perform detailed and analytical surveys on existing and new accounts. This includes on-site information gathering, risk loss analysis and comprehensive report writing. Take photos and prepare diagrams as needed.
• Must manage time and territory to complete all assessments within established time frame and at the least possible expense.
• Provide direct loss control service to individual policyholders to include: on-site surveys and recommendations for risk improvement, risk loss analysis, assistance in establishing and administering formal loss control programs and, where appropriate formal educational services (safety meetings).
• Recognize niche hazards, identify them and make appropriate recommendations to control them.
• Assist in the development of training materials to include: Manuals, Lumber Memo and Broker Bulletin, Technical Bulletins and Audio-Visual Aids, etc.
• Provide loss control training for Loss Control, Field, and Underwriting staff as requested.
• Assist Field Representatives and Brokers in sales effort with prospective by providing written and/or oral presentations outlining the Company’s Loss Control Department knowledge of the lumber industry and its capabilities
• Complete Loss Control Department reports within the time frame required. These include: loss control reports, weekly itinerary, expense report, etc.
• Visit selected Brokers to provide visibility to Company.
• Maintain working knowledge of current standards in NFPA and/or OSHA.
• Assist underwriting in evaluation of special hazard characteristics and control measures.
• Provide assistance in other territories, when requested, during periods of peak workload.
• Ongoing continued self-education.
• Arrange work schedules to maximize productivity.
• Perform additional related duties as assigned by Loss Control Management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Professional Designation Desired: (CSP, ARM, ASCM, CFPS)
• Associates or Bachelors Degree preferably in Physical Sciences, Professional Engineering or Risk Management
• Background in the Insurance Industry – knowledge of all lines of coverage,
• 5 years prior Loss Control Representative experience.
• High level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability, and creativity in investigating major problems which require highly innovative solutions.
• Ability to recognize hazards and sell insured’s on corrective measures
• Ability to interact with others in a team environment
• Ability to work without extensive day to day supervision
• Excellent driving record
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Interpersonal communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Basic computer skills
Candidates interested in hearing more should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.