Qualification Advisor (Indianapolis)
Posted: Jun 27, 2019
Safety Management Group is seeking a Qualification Advisor located in Indianapolis, IN. The successful candidate will work with Safety Management Group to support a large utility Client in administering their contractor safety qualification program.
The Qualification Advisor will collect and review safety programs, Experience Modification Rates (EMRs), and safety metrics submitted electronically by the contractors through a data management system, and maintain active communication with the contractors if additional information is required. Once the final review of required information is complete, the Qualification Advisor will make a recommendation of qualification to the Client and provide an approval status based on the Client’s requirements.
Occasional travel may be required, estimated 5%.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Assist contractors with qualification submittal process
• Operate as subject matter expert in data management system
• Review contractor written safety programs
• Review contractor OSHA logs and insurance loss runs
• Calculate lost time and recordable incident rates
• Communicate with contractors for additional required information
• Make recommendations of contractor qualification based on safety requirements outlined by Client
• Conduct annual re-qualification of contract firms
• Keep Client properly informed of contractor qualification activities
• Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns
• Provides assistance and support to applicable Client personnel
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety Management or safety related field is preferred
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety and applicable local, state, and federal regulations
Skills and Experience:
• Experience in reviewing safety programs
• Knowledge and experience in OSHA’s Recordkeeping Standard (29 CFR 1904)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
For more information visit Qualification Advisor.