Safety Technician (Chicago, IL)
The Safety Technician’s primary function is to provide support to the Safety Department and specific projects. This is an entry level position that may support CCIP or smaller, lower risk projects. This individual may report to the Safety Supervisor/Manager or Safety Director. The Safety Technician will be able to coordinate meetings, handle reporting and document control at the job site.
• Implement on-site safety program responsibilities and duties;
• Assist in developing, revising and conducting employee/subcontractor safety orientations;
• Document all incidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities
• Identify, report and assist in resolution of safety violations, unsafe behaviors and non-compliant conditions;
• Relay safety-related communication to required parties (i.e. project team);
• Safety documentation management as required;
• Program and document development as required;
• Develop and conduct training as required;
• Additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
• Safety and Health Degree from an accredited program;
• Strong organization, communication and prioritization skills;
• Self-starter with the ability to schedule and efficiently support teams;
• Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with project team;
• Computer and technology skills with emphasis on mobility (preferably Apple iOS);
• Technical writing skills;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.;
• Customer and team orientated;
• Problem solving ability;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to drive in and around Chicago and its suburbs.
For more information visit Safety Technician.