Safety Permit Writer (Indianapolis)
Safety Management Group is seeking a Permit Writer – Construction – Indianapolis, IN.
The key function of a Permit Writer is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Complete work permits (hot work, CSE, trenching and Safe Work permits)
- Monitor work area during the duration of open permits
- Provide general HSE support (i.e. job observations)
- Site safety observations including documentation of findings
- Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
- Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
- Write permits that align with current construction projects
- Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
- 10+ years of HSE, Project Management, or Construction Oversight experience
- 40 to 50 hours a week, occasional Saturday work
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations
- 7+ years of relevant construction experience
- Degree in safety or related is preferred
- 3+ years of direct safety experience
For more information visit Safety Permit Writer.