Safety Consultant (Indianapolis)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION (SUMMARY)
Position expectations will require that the successful candidate have 2-5 years of practical experience as a Safety Director/RiskManager in a fast paced self-directed environment. Past training experience required. OSHA 510 511 certification or equivalent prerequisite and OSHA 500 / 501 certification a plus. Career advancement in this position will depend heavily upon both technical communication and training skills. Technical degree,transcripts, references, and sample of technical writing will be required. Must be proficient with MS Office.
Founded in 1995, Safety Resources, Inc. is a national safety consulting firm, with a team of dedicated consulting professionals whosepractice is the implementation and execution of workplace safety. We specialize in contract safety director services, constructionsite safety supervision, worker’s compensation assistance and employee training. Our company is a 23+ year national consulting group, up to 20% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, but are not limited to)
• Develop and maintain the expertise to provide instruction in technical areas of safety training.
• Perform site safety audits, complete comprehensive report of findings, including corrective plans and recommendations to ensure compliance.
• Prepare detailed reports of findings using appropriate forms, diagrams, photos and narratives to provide a clear understanding of exposures.
• Examine work sites to identify hazards in the workplace and on work sites and look for sources of potential injury to those at or near location.
• Assist in the development of employee and supervisor accountability programs.
• Provide creative compliance management solutions and recommendations for clients.
• Conduct OSHA compliance and safety assessments.
• Develop written safety programs and procedures appropriate for the hazards present and to comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Project management to ensure project goals are met as we4ll as technical excellence, quality and client satisfaction.
• Perform accident and injury investigations to identify safety violations and determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Predict issues by calculating risks from safety data from various safety records, as well as national injury data and statistics.
• Manage client relationships and services on an ongoing basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related field of study
• 2-5 years practical experience in health and safety
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to develop professionally prepared technical report and documents
For more information visit Safety Consultant.