Safety Advisor (South Bend, IN)
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor – Construction/T&D – South Bend, IN
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, makes the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a Utility Construction environment.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• 5+ years’ Construction Safety Utility experience
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
• Minimum of three years direct safety management experience
• Degree in safety or related fields
• Formal training in root-cause analysis investigation
• OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course and first-aid/CPR certification from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
Experience preferred in the following area
• General Construction and Utility experience
• Certifications including ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST, CUSP
For more information visit Safety Advisor.