Safety Advisor (Lafayette, IN)
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor to oversee a large scale construction project for our manufacturing client. The person for this role must live near Lafayette, IN, or be willing to relocate to the area (we offer relocation assistance). This is a full-time, salaried, benefitted position, 5-6 days per week, 10 hours per day.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a General Industry environment providing the following services: Contractor Safety.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• Review and provide feedback to contract firms regarding their project-specific safety plans prior to the contract firms beginning work on the project
• Daily job brief/JSA
• 5+ years of relevant safety experience
• Degree in safety or related is preferred
• OSHA 500 or CHST
• Experience interacting with management
• Experience developing company processes/programs
Experience preferred in the following area:
• Experience with contractor safety
• Extensive knowledge of construction safety
• Possess good time management and excellent interpersonal skills
For more information visit Safety Advisor.