Safety Advisor (Indianapolis)
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning and implementation. Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor – General Industry and Construction – Indianapolis, IN
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, makes the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a General Industry environmental providing the following services: GI/Lab Safety, Chemical Safety, and Contractor Safety.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Conduct Home Office Audits in connection with the CCS certification process
• Perform Safety Perception Surveys for customers, including personal interviews
• Conduct OSHA Outreach classes for General Industry and Construction 10- & 30-Hour courses
• Assist clients in developing and implementing safety policies to include jobsite/facility observations, etc.
• Provide loss control seminars/presentations at various association functions
• Instruct a variety of Safety Awareness training courses
• Facilitate clients’ Safety Committee
• Must be able to travel – 30%
• Loss Prevention
• Risk Management
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations
• 10+ years of relevant safety experience
• Degree in safety or related is preferred
• CSP is preferred
Experience preferred in the following area:
• Experience with contractor safety
• Knowledge on chemical hygiene and lab safety
• Possess good time management skills due to numerous locations needing support
For more information visit Safety Advisor.