Safety Advisor (Indianapolis)
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning and implementation. Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor for a 1 year project – General Industry.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, makes the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a General Industry environmental.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• 5+ years’ General Industry experience as a Safety Director
• 5+ years’ experience in Audits, Training, Incident investigation, JHA’s, LOTO procedures and PPE assessments
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
• Minimum of three years direct safety management experience
• Degree in safety or related fields
• OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course and first-aid/CPR certification from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
Experience preferred in the following area:
• General Construction experience
• Certifications including CSP, ASP, CHST, OHST
For more information visit Safety Advisor.