Plant Safety Coordinator (Scottsburg, IN)
Genpak LLC, a leading manufacturer of disposable foodservice packaging, is seeking to fill the position Plant Safety Coordinator in our Scottsburg Indiana plant.
• Assist with planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining EHS programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees and protection of property and the environment.
• Assure Genpak facilities comply with applicable city, state and federal environmental, health and safety laws, regulations and standards by providing advice and counsel when necessary.
• Assist in incident investigations and injury management.
• Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections, as needed, to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. This includes conducting process hazard analyses, job safety analyses, risk assessments and personal protective equipment assessments.
• Assist in the development of controls for identified hazards. Coordinate the implementation of controls. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries.
• Assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized environmental, health and safety and training and train-the-trainer programs, as needed.
• Lead safety committee meetings. Follow up with safety committees at each facility to ensure progress of safety measures.
• Review injury and property damage reports. Compile and analyze incident data. Prepare recommendations for corrective actions to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
• Assist facilities with OSHA reporting and recordkeeping. Including creating monthly summary reports for upper management.
• Recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies, as needed.
• Assist with implementation of the Environmental Management Information System.
• Assist Corporate EHS Manager with environmental compliance programs and reports related to hazardous wastes, air permitting, water pollution control, risk management plans and community right-to-know programs for the region.
• Perform other related duties that correspond to the overall function of this position.
• B.S. in a safety science or related field.
• Must have knowledge of elements of OSHA and EPA as well as the ability to understand and communicate city, county, state and other federal regulations and guidelines, as needed.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on environmental, safety and health training.
• Must work well with employees at all levels in the company.
• Must be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must have ability to travel up to 25%.
• Experience with environmental reporting to local, state and federal agencies.
• Experience with process safety management and risk management plans.
Please submit resume, along with salary requirements, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org