Loss Control Representative (Indianapolis)
The Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company is looking for an experienced loss control representative.
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to complete technical surveys within an assigned territory for multiple line coverage on lumber, woodworking and building materials type operations. May provide technical services on selected accounts under the supervision of the Director of Technical Services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Complete field surveys in accordance with departmental standards to evaluate physical and managerial aspects of the risk.
2. Prepare technical reports on the risks surveyed for exposures to loss under the coverages involved, the controls in existence to prevent or reduce loss exposures and the adequacy of those controls.
3. Using tact, diplomacy and salesmanship, assist the risk in preventing and/or reducing the loss potential by the submission of practical loss control recommendations.
4. Must be familiar with policy coverages for all lines to by surveyed as well as familiar with PLM’s underwriting guidelines.
5. Should be familiar with Federal and State safety standards and N.F.P.A. standards as they apply to risks surveyed.
6. Must manage time and territory to complete all assignments within established time frames and at the least possible expense.
7. Use tact and diplomacy in promoting good public relations between the company, broker, policyholders and general public.
8. May make company premises’ inspections and assist in maintaining PLM’s internal loss control program.
9. May assist is special loss control projects as requested by the Director of Technical Services.
10. May assist with cross training of Underwriting, Field and/or Technical Services Representatives.
11. Keep up to date and is familiar with the various technical publications, materials and services available from outside organizations such as: Fire Rating organizations, National Fire Protection Association, National Safety Council, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
12. Provide assistance to other territories, when requested, during periods of peak workloads.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. IIA Programs– Ins 21, 22, 23
2. Associates or Bachelors’ degree in physical science or general studies required
3. Safety Operations
4. Product Liability
5. General Liability
6. AAI Fire Prevention studies
7. Basic Loss Control studies
8. Fleet Safety
9. Building construction types
10. Crime Prevention
11. Electrical Safety
12. Time Management
13. 3-5 years prior Technical Services/Loss Control Representative experience with a commercial multi-line property/casualty carrier
14. Interpersonal and Communication skills
15. Basic computer skills
For information please visit Loss Control Representative or contact:
Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company
2005 Market Street, Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19103
DIRECT: (267) 825 9340
MAIN: (800) 752 1895
FAX: (215) 625 9097