Insurance Compliance Coordinator (Indianapolis)
Safety Management Group is seeking an Insurance Compliance Coordinator located in Indianapolis, IN.
The successful candidate will be working with Safety Management Group to support a large utility Client in administering their contractor safety qualification program which includes insurance compliance.
The Insurance Compliance Coordinator will collect Certificates of Insurance (COI) submitted electronically by the contractors through a data management system, and review them to ensure the information is accurate and the coverage limits meets the requirements as stated in the contract with the Client. Certificates of Insurance are required in order for the contractors to maintain their qualification approval status and must be renewed annually prior to the expiration date. The number of certificates collected is for a high volume of contractors all with varying expiration dates, as such, the Insurance Compliance Coordinator will need to maintain accurate record of communication with the contractors and provide timely review of certificates.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Learn and utilize company’s technology and assist contractors with COI submittal process
• Provide detailed and accurate review of COIs for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to the Client’s contract requirements
• Verify policy coverage with Insurance agents
• Follow established review process and annual re-qualification of contract firms
• Communicate with contractors if expired COI has not been renewed in contractor data management system
• Keep Client properly informed of contractor qualification activities and answer Client inquiries about compliance matters
• Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns
• Provide assistance and support to applicable Client personnel
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred or a minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Extensive knowledge of General Liability, Umbrella, Workers Compensation, and other business policies is required.
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong detailed analytical skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, Excel
For more information visit Insurance Compliance Coordinator.