EHS Manager (Whitestown, IN)
The Site EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Site EHS manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The Site EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. The Site EHS Manager will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations. The Site EHS Manager will lead a team of hourly safety team members: EHS Specialist, Safety Coordinators, Onsite first aid Associates. You will create and execute leadership development plans for your Safety Associates on the team. They will communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their safety teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional.
Site EHS Manager Responsibilities
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Lead and mentor Safety Associates in your assigned facility.
- Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Experience leading multiple direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
- Must be flexible regarding shifts.
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
For more information visit EHS Manager.