EHS Manager (Muncie, IN)
Our client has an outstanding opportunity to join their site management team as their EHS Manager. The incumbent will be responsible to lead the EHS Staff and to align Environmental, Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
Scope: Manufacturing, Single Site
• All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
• Six (6) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities
• Demonstrated success managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs
• Demonstrated success leading efficient and effective compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
• Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
• Demonstrated success as a change agent
• Demonstrated cross-departmental project management experience
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
• Professional Certification (CSP, CSMP, CEP, CHMM, REM etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
• MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
• ISO / OHSAS / VPP experience
• Partner with plant and operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
• Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
• Lead, develop and manage local EHS staff members
• Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
• Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
• Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
• Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
• Manage budgetary responsibilities
• Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
• Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed.
For more information visit EHS Manager and search Job 1116.