EHS Manager (Indianapolis)
· Contributes to development of EHS strategy and action plans for the Businesses through analytics in order to meet global targets, reduce risk and improve performance.
· Lead activities and efforts around EHS-related incidents and investigations.
· Work with the Businesses in coordination with the EHS representatives to implement corporate EHS programs.
· Maintain compliance with all applicable EHS regulations and requirements.
· Maintain and continually improve the EHS Management Systems (EMS and SMS).
· Develop and deliver EHS related training.
· Contribute to achieve EHS targets in support of business objectives.
· Act as an advisor and technical expert on issues related to EHS.
· Participate and provide input on US specific and corporate EHS initiatives.
· Organize exchanges inside the Business EHS network regarding experiences, good practices, and feedback to be used both in the Business and in the Company.
· Visit job sites to conduct safety inspections and audits.
· 5-10 years related experience
· Bachelor’s degree in EHS or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
· CSP, CIH, CHMM (or similar) certification preferred but not reqired.
· Proven leadership skills.
· Experience in an electric distribution business or a power plant (preferred).
· Passion for Environmental Health and Safety.
· Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of an organization.
· Ability to build effective relationships.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to review, analyze and draw conclusions from data.
· Strong computer and analytical skills
· Ability to lead assigned tasks to closure while maintaining high level of professionalism.
· Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent organizational, project, planning & time management skills.
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
For more information visit EHS Manager.