EHS Director (Evansville, IN)
Multi-state industrial and commercial specialty contractor has an immediate opening for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Director. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the EHS program for all affiliated companies, including program development, risk assessment, audits/inspections, training, monitoring safety activities on projects, and safety department management. The EHS Director will oversee the activities of all safety coordinators and field safety efforts throughout the companies and report directly to the Executive Management team.
- Leads, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Supervises and directs day to day activities of all Safety Coordinators.
- Continually reviews and monitors all aspects of the EHS program for effectiveness.
- Sets goals, objectives, and initiatives of company safety program.
- Interacts with regulatory agencies, consultants, venders, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Performs and documents jobsite inspections/audits, with a focus on hazard recognition and unsafe behavior.
- Conducts post-accident/incident investigations and prepares written reports of findings and recommendations.
- Works directly with insurance agency and claim manager to effectively manage all jobsite and employee claims.
- Tracks and analyzes NCCI reports (including OCIP numbers) and EMR with senior management and insurance agency.
- Coordinates EHS planning with department managers, project managers, field superintendents, and field foremen.
- Develops and implements EHS training programs and maintains effective documentation system.
- Prepares written EHS programs/policies with effective document control and update procedure.
- Participates in process reviews; providing hazard analyses, training, etc.
- Coordinates safety orientations and directs the safety incentive program.
- Monitors, trains, and enforces company drivers in all relevant safety and compliance standards.
- Maintains all online prequalification sites and coordinates collection of information from others.
- Manages the approved subcontractors list and the subcontractor prequalification process.
- Maintains and/or posts appropriate safety bulletins, posters, rules, and applicable legislation.
- Acts as the initial contact for environmental, health and safety issues including working directly with OSHA and other regulatory agency representatives.
- Establishes and maintains proactive relationships with governmental agencies, safety associations, and customer groups in order to facilitate communication when needed.
- Coordinates safety award applications.
- Proactive membership in relevant associations and committees; presents at safety-related conferences and events.
- Reports directly to the Executive Vice President.
- 5 years of safety experience in industrial construction
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Safety Discipline OR related training in Construction Safety, Environmental Regulations and Compliance, and Training.
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent preferred.
- Expert knowledge of construction safety & environmental rules and regulations.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills.
- Must be procedural and proactive with excellent communication skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, professional, and result driven.
- Travel is required for jobsite visits, inspections, training, and conferences.
- Will undergo Fit for Duty test, background check, driving record check, and drug screen
For more information visit EHS Director.