Safety Management Group seeks an experienced Safety Advisor in the Indianapolis, Indiana, area.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change and travel. The Associate in this role will work in Construction and General Industry settings.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Provide services to Construction and General Industry clients that include but are not limited to various types of safety training, site observations with reports, injury recordkeeping assistance, meeting attendance, and written safety program review and development.
- Prepare and proofread written safety programs for General Industry and Construction clients.
- Assist clients during OSHA Compliance Inspections (accompany compliance officers, attend opening and closing meetings (if applicable), and assist clients in preparing and attending informal conferences.
- Travel to client locations as necessary.
- Provide flexibility in the schedule when providing services to clients.
- Provide coverage for other groups within SMG.
- Conduct training sessions at client’s locations (job sites/offices/training facilities) or trade association’s training locations.
- Verifies compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law, the Owner, or contractor.
- Attends pre-construction planning and safety meetings.
- Provides incident management and support.
- Keep management appropriately informed of activities.
- Documentation and Report preparation.
- 3 to 5 years of Construction or General Industry Safety experience – preferred
- Maintain occupational safety and health or training certifications
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with other staff members
- Degree in safety or related fields
- Have a professional and positive attitude to encourage safety compliance and awareness to all Clients.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
For more information visit Safety Advisor.