Trulite Glass & Aluminum is looking for a Safety Manager for our Indianapolis facility. The Safety Manager is responsible for the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs related to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies for the entire plant location. Individual will be tasked with working hand in hand with other plant management to develop and deliver plant safety reports and statistics and provide leadership and development regarding environmental health and safety matters. Maintenance of reporting structures per OSHA and company standards will also be a major part of job duties, this includes but is not limited to maintaining of records, development of recordable incident investigation and information for corporate conference calls, development of corrective action plans to prevent reoccurring problems, etc.
- This position is hands on and requires you to spend 90% of your time on the production floor.
- Directs the organization’s safety programs to protect employees and maintain safe working conditions. Facilitates monthly safety committee meeting and develops weekly toolbox talks and monthly safety trainings per OSHA and company’s yearly training structure.
- Formulates and suggests work safety standards.
- Risk prevention areas include hazardous materials exposure, accidents, ergonomic concerns, and other unsafe conditions.
- Meets compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations.
- Performs New Hire Safety Orientations and other safety training and maintains appropriate records.
- Assists with investigations of incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of ill health.
- Assists with risk assessments and site inspections. Coordinates yearly OSHA audits with state and corporate partners.
- Works with management and maintenance to ensure equipment is installed correctly/safely as well as assists with ensuring maintenance of equipment is up to date and scheduled accordingly.
- Keeps all environmental tasks up to date per state, federal, and company standards. Applies for permits and does necessary inspections/tests per branch environmental plans. Updates share point site to status of environmental compliance.
- Schedules and ensures yearly emergency action plan drills are scheduled and completed.
- Evaluates and coordinates purchasing of personal protection equipment as well as coordinates the plant’s safety shoe and prescription eyewear program.
- Continues efforts towards INSHARP and VIPP Certifications for the branch.
- B.S. Degree in Safety or equivalent or two years’ experience as a safety professional or a combination of both.
- OSHA 30 preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player
- Must be able to train other employees effectively.
- Experience working with quality systems is preferred.
For more information contact:
Javier Córdova SPHR – HR Generalist – Indianapolis
Trulite Glass and Aluminum Solutions™ | On Time. On Spec. On Cost.
7701 W. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46214