Safety Management Group seeks a Safety Advisor – Owner’s Rep in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct an assessment of the contractor safety program and related policies to identify potential gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- In-depth review of Contractor Safety policies, permits, and JHA practices.
- Benchmark with other organizations/clients to pull in best practices to support the development of a stronger Contractor Management System.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and contractors to support open communication during project execution.
- Partner with all General Contractors and Project Teams to help ensure proper implementation and local/State/Federal safety requirements.
- Conduct safety observations and verify appropriate corrective actions are established by GC to correct all unsafe conditions or practices.
- Keep stakeholders informed of the safety performance of the contractors working on the project.
- Facilitates Incident Reporting Procedures.
- Review Job Hazard Analysis and project-specific safety plans and support the identification of safety hazards.
- Participate as necessary in pre-job safety reviews and daily safety planning
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on policies and coach Project Management members and contractors on policies and OSHA interpretation.
- Work with EHS Manager to provide safety data analysis on project activity (leading and lagging indicators)
- 5+ years of Safety experience
- A degree in Safety or related fields is preferred
- Background in Pharmaceuticals a plus
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
For more information visit Safety Advisor.