SMG is seeking an Environmental Support Specialist in Mt. Vernon, Indiana.
The key function of an Environmental Support Specialist is to ensure compliance with environmental requirements and facilitate communication between client departments and contractors. The Associate in this role will perform and supervise environmental fieldwork inside a manufacturing plant.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Work with client management and subject matter experts in the preparation and review of periodic reporting, including State and Federal Waste, discharge monitoring, Spill Prevention Countermeasure Control Plan, Risk Management Program, and other applicable environmental compliance reporting.
- Conduct Air pollution MON and HAP MACT and reporting.
- Conduct SPCC Inspections.
- Daily Recordkeeping of cycles of concentration data for 10 cooling towers.
- WWTP monitoring and oversight (DMR reporting) (Class D license a plus).
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) reporting.
- Conduct Cogeneration and Auxiliary Boiler monitoring, including monitoring stack tests and reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate tracking and evaluation of environmental compliance assurance activities and information.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to facilitate successful and environmentally compliant completion of multiple projects within project-specific conditions and schedule constraints.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant environmental experience
- Degree in Environmental Sciences or a related field
- Class D certified wastewater operator license preferred
- Field reconnaissance for populating and updating new and existing SPCC plans
For more information visit Environmental Specialist.