OVERVIEW: The responsibilities associated with this position have been carried out by the current President and owner of the company since 2012. Adding this position will allow the President to focus more on corporate oversight, strategic initiatives, and service enhancements. This position is a full-time permanent position. The individual hired for this position would report to and work closely with the President while executing all responsibilities listed below.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities involved with this position include:
- Attend trade shows and association meetings when billable or other activities don’t conflict.
- Join the President when meeting with prospective construction clients.
- Assign and reorganize employee assignments when new clients are secured and/or the needs of existing clients change.
- Recruit, interview, and hire safety professionals for long-term and contract work.
- Prepare new hires to successfully transition into new assignments.
- Spend time onsite with local Construction Division employees at least 2-3 times a year to provide support and ensure high quality service.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with the in-house Safety Advisors in our Construction Division to discuss the execution of the previous month’s service plan and create the next month’s plan.
- Contact all ongoing construction clients at least 1-2 times a year to ensure satisfaction.
- Discuss necessary compensation adjustments for Construction Division employees with the President annually and conduct employee reviews.
- Teach “open registration” safety training classes (including OSHA 500 level courses).
- Spend up to 20-25 hours a week actively managing long-term construction accounts and/or construction projects when other staff members don’t have the capacity. The activities involved with this would likely include performing site and shop inspections, facilitating safety meetings, conducting customized safety training sessions, inspecting fall protection equipment, auditing SDS inventory, writing Site Specific Safety Plans, and more.
- Assist the President with special projects and other assignments as needed. Some examples may include writing articles for our company newsletter, updating training materials, and improving/creating other service-related materials.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Lives in or willing to permanently relocate to Indianapolis, IN.
- At least 10-15 years of construction safety management experience.
- Previous experience supervising direct reports.
- Advanced/dynamic training skills that make training interactive and engaging.
- Completion of the OSHA 510 and 500 courses.
- Candidates must be organized, thorough, friendly, and professional, with excellent leadership and communication skills, and a desire to serve those who report to them.
- A bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Organizational Leadership is preferred but not required.
COMPENSATION: The compensation package for this position will include:
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing (paid three times a year)
- Affordable Benefits (health, vision, dental)
- Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Qualified candidates can email their resume to email@example.com.
- Initial interviews will be conducted May 1-19, with secondary interviews to follow.
- The target start date for this position is June 26.