Safety Management Group is seeking a Field Safety Representative in Mt. Vernon, Indiana.
The key function of a Field Safety Representative is to implement the on-site CSMP (Contractor Safety Management Program) for our Global Manufacturing Client. The associate in this role will be required to live in or relocate to the area permanently for this multi-year contract.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Timely response to EHSS incidents involving 3rd party contractors, including but not limited to Incident reports, pictures, witness statements, etc.
- Immediately communicate with field personnel or management as needed for resolution of EHSS and Life Saving Rules violations.
- Conduct field safety audits on a daily or project-based schedule
- Input and track audit findings to closure
- Assist Contractor Safety Leader with RCAs, 5-why, etc.
- Serve as backup for badge system and orientation
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Construction, Engineering, or related field preferred but not required (related/comparable work experience considered)
- Two years minimum experience in a plant or construction-related environment
- Have or willing to obtain OSHA 500/501
- Experience with 29 CFR 1926, 1910, 1904 including field audit experience
- JSA and LOTO experience
- Knowledge in rigging, scaffolding, fall protection, and large construction equipment
For more information visit Field Safety Representative.