Safety Management Group is seeking a local Safety Advisor in Plainfield, Indiana.
- Deliver a contractor safety orientation, ensuring a consistent message
- Maintain a log of contractors who have attended safety orientation
- Verify compliance with the substance abuse program
- Review and update orientation as required
- Review and provide feedback to contract firms regarding their project-specific safety plans before the contract firms begin work on the project
- Review contractor compliance with written project safety plan when completing project safety observations.
- Competent Person training record verification
- Safe Work Permits
- Review contractor safety program
- Review OSHA logs
- Review EMR data, if needed
- Assist contractors in identifying countermeasures to comply with safety policies
- Conduct independent incident review and prepare all required documentation
- Schedule and facilitate incident review meetings
- Publish incident meeting report
- Develop and publish safety learning points document
- Participate and support project meetings that require safety information and reporting
- Serve as liaison to coordinate plant safety and project safety interaction
- Provide project safety metrics to Harmon
- Provide leadership for pre-construction safety planning meetings (pre-bid/pre-construction)
- 6+ years’ Construction Safety experience
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
- A degree in safety or related fields
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- First-aid/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
For more information visit Safety Advisor.