Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor in Plainfield, IN.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change and travel.
Develop and Deliver Project-Specific Safety Orientation
- Deliver a contractor safety orientation, ensuring a consistent message
- Maintain a log of contractors who have attended safety orientation
- Verify compliance with the substance abuse program
- Review and update orientation as required
Review Contract Firm Project-Related Documentation
- Review and provide feedback to contract firms regarding their project-specific safety plans before the contract firms begin work on the project
- Review contractor compliance to written project safety plan when completing project safety observations.
- Daily job brief/JSA
- Competent Person training record verification
- Safe Work Permits
Implement the Contractor Pre-Qualification Requirements and guide Contractors through the Prequalification Process
- Review contractor safety program
- Review OSHA logs
- Review EMR data, if needed
Safety Observation Program (Contractors)
- Assist contractors in identifying countermeasures to comply with safety policies
- Conduct independent incident review and prepare all required documentation
- Schedule and facilitate incident review meetings
- Publish incident meeting report
- Develop and publish safety learning points document
Project Planning Support
- Participate and support project meetings that require safety information and reporting
- Serve as liaison to coordinate plant safety and project safety interaction
- Provide project safety metrics to Harmon
- Provide leadership for pre-construction safety planning meetings (pre-bid/pre-construction)
- 24-hour on-call support
- 6+ years’ Construction Safety experience
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
- A degree in safety or related fields
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- First-aid/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
For more information visit Safety Advisor.