Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor – Construction – Lafayette, Indiana.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, prioritize the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a Construction Environment.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
- Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
- Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
- Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the Owner
- Performing and Documenting site safety assessments
- Working with contractors to review and complete Job Hazard Analysis
- Auditing company safety manuals and reviewing documentation for prequalification
- Conduct Safety Orientations for Contractors
- 5+ years’ Construction safety experience
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety: Steel Erection, Excavation, Rigging, Cranes, etc.
- Degree in Safety or related fields
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
- First-aid/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association
For more information visit Safety Advisor.