The Safety Specialist is responsible for the implementation, control, execution and management of key ethics and compliance with Company and Federal Safety policies, procedures and regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan and execute multiple projects to support the company’s ethics and compliance program. This includes Customer Social Compliance Audits.
- Provide program management expertise to special projects and key risk areas.
- Represent the company in the ethics and compliance profession and contribute to the company; remain abreast of current ethics and compliance industry approaches and thinking as it pertains to an effective program.
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable regulatory, plant and corporate EHS, OSHA & Security related policies and procedures.
- Accountable for Emergency Response functions, roles and responsibilities in accordance with site emergency response plan.
- Supports leaders to ensure all team members understand and comply with all applicable regulatory, plant and corporate EHS and related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance in all aspects of the Environmental, Safety, and Health regulations as well as consulting with the Head of Engineer, Facilities Engineer and Maintenance Site Leader on process safety management at the site.
- Leads and maintains an integrated safety management system from Corporate EHS, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Supports the Manufacturing Site Leader, Security, Regional EHS, Operations Leader and the site management team.
- Ensures that the company personnel are adequately trained with respect to Environmental, Safety, Health, and Security matters.
- Establish Environmental, Safety, Health and Security goals for the facility and develop programs to achieve the goals.
- Coordinate internal audits as required to ensure the safety management system is being adequately followed by both management and the work force. Leads the plant in preparing for and compliance with all Corporate Safety Audit requirements.
- Leads communication on learning from internal and/or external incident investigations and ensure integration of the new learning.
- Submits on-time reports to the correct department and/or regulatory agency.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Responsible for all safety-related permit programs.
- Maintain and promote a team relationship within the site operations team.
- Interface with non-scriber TPA.
- 3-5 years leadership experience in production or team facilitation experience required.
- COSHA preferred
- OSHM Certification preferred
- Exposure to GMP’s and familiarity in food manufacturing setting.
- Strong knowledge of Workers Compensation, EEOC and employment laws.
- Strong communication skills, strong leadership skills and the ability to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Strong computer, problem-solving and coaching skills required.
- Ability to complete company sponsored training and development classes.
- Ability to identify and suggest new opportunities (think outside the box).
For more information visit EHS Specialist.