Safety Management Group is seeking a Field Safety Representative in Mt. Vernon, IN
The key function of a Field Safety Representative is to implement the on-site CSMP (Contractor Safety Management Program) for our Global Manufacturing Client. The associate in this role will be required to live in or relocate to the area permanently for this 3+ year contract.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Timely response to EHSS incidents involving 3rd party contractors
• Including but not limited to Incident reports, pictures, witness statements, etc.
• Immediately communicate with field personnel or management as needed for resolution of EHSS and Life Saving Rules violations. (Note: This may also include making the decision to STOP WORK.)
• Conduct field safety audits on a daily or project-based schedule
• Input and track audit findings to closure
• Assist Contractor Safety Leader with RCA’s, 5-why, etc.
• Serve as back-up for TCON (badge system) and orientation Requirements
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Construction, Engineering or related field preferred but not required (related/comparable work experience)
• Minimum experience 2 years in a plant or construction-related environment
• Have or ability to obtain OSHA 500/501
• Experience with 29 CFR 1926, 1910, 1904 including field audit experience
• JSA and LOTO experience
• Knowledge in rigging, scaffolding, fall protection, crane and other large construction equipment
All roles are required to work M-F 40 hours per week on the MTV Site, observing client holiday schedule. A rotation shall be established so that off-hours and weekend calls are covered. In the event, the call requires site presence by SMG an onsite response time of ~ 2 hours is required. Turn-around/mini outages hours may include extended work schedule/shifts.
For more information visit Field Safety Representative.