Intrepid Inc. is seeking safety professional to support the US Army’s Financial Management Command (USAFMCOM) in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is a full-time on-sight position. The candidate will be expected to identify and track safety issues through to correction or completion and coordinate with Garrison and USAFMCOM staffs. The candidate will serve as special staff member to the command and advise USAFMCOM leadership on all safety program related issues.
- An active SECRET Clearance or the ability to obtain/maintain a clearance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree; significant relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 10-years of relevant experience.
- OSHA 10-hour Safety Certification.
- Army or other service staff experience; the ability to plan, coordinate, and implement policy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Coordinate with USAFMCOM offices across the Army to identify safety issues and coordinate with Garrison HQs to ensure safety issues are documented and properly corrected.
- Monitoring current safety process and protocols; ensuring personnel compliance.
- Assist FMCOM leadership in tracking and understanding all applicable safety mandates.
- Review Army strategic guidance and policy related to environmental health and safety; prepare and provide staff-wide updates as directed.
- Participating in Chief of Staff or regular staff meetings to provide updates and awareness related to all health and safety issues.
- As required, provide environmental health and safety training to personnel (quarterly/annual).
- Serve as the principal planner and coordinator for all health and safety inspection related requirements within the command.
You will be highly desirable if you have:
- Army experience, especially in safety programs, maintenance, or engineering
- HQ or Garrison staff experience
- Knowledge of DoD policies and procedures.
Intrepid is a military friendly and family-oriented company who provides our employees with a challenging and supportive work environment, paired with a competitive salary and an industry-leading 401k contribution.
For more information visit Job Postings | Intrepid, Inc. (intrepidinc.com).