Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor for Utility Construction in Florence, IN.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs a priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working for a large utility company.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Site safety observations including documentation of findings
- Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
- Representing the Owner in progress meetings
- Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
- Minimum of three years of direct safety management experience
- 1+ years of experience working for a utility company on distribution lines in a construction safety role
- Bachelor Degree in safety or related fields
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course and First-Aid/CPR certification from either the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association
Experience preferred in the following area:
- General Construction and Utility Distribution experience
- Certifications including ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST, CUSP
For more information visit Safety Advisor.