Safety Management Group is seeking a Construction Safety Advisor in Kokomo, IN.
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs a priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change. The Associate in this role will be working in a Construction Environment.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the Owner
• Support production engineering and contractor implementation of Construction Safety Management System
• Provide safety leadership for maintenance, construction, & equipment installation projects.
• Work to ensure safety requirements are clear to contractors.
• Conduct formal safety audits of activities related to construction and equipment installation.
• Minimum of Three years Construction Safety experience
• Degree in Safety or related field
• OSHA 500 or 510
• First Aid/CPR
• Experience working on construction projects
• Experience with various parts of construction: Site/Civil, Structural steel, Electrical & Mechanical
• Experience reviewing and verifying JSA’s developed by contractors.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
For more information visit Safety Advisor.